- For all questions regarding the application, please contact the Office of Graduate Admissions. No response regarding the admission process will be available from the Director or the Assistant.
- All applications must be completed online ("paperless"). Please use this APPLY ONLINE link to proceed directly to the online application.
- Every document of the application dossier must be sent to the Office of Graduate Admissions. If any document is sent to the Department of Theology, it will not be included in the dossier or considered.
- Deadline for application for the 2015-2016 academic year is DECEMBER 15, 2014.
- Please read the complete admissions information found on the Graduate School website.
The following eight documents must be sent to the Graduate Admissions Office (not to the Department of Theology) at one time and not piece-meal.
- Graduate Record Examination (General Test) scores.
- Master’s degree in one religious tradition or a field related to religious studies (e.g., anthropology, history, or sociology of religion). Applicants without a master’s degree but with an outstanding achievement in undergraduate education in religion/theology will be considered.
- Official undergraduate and graduate transcripts.
- Three letters of recommendation.
- TOEFL or IELTS (for non-native English speakers) Minimum TOEFL score: 550 (paper test) or 213 (electronic test); minimum IELTS score: 7.
- Application fee.
- A sample of written work (e.g., a 25-30 page research paper).
- A 3-5 page statement of intent which (1) articulates the nature of the student’s interest in religious pluralism, (2) outlines how previous education has provided preparation for a study of comparative and pluralist issues, and (3) indicates a general area of future doctoral research.